Natural-Artificial Dualism/An Interdisciplinary Approach: An Imagistic Composition Dedicated to 'The Body in Social Science' Research
The Volume of the International Sociological Association – XV World Congress, July 7-13, 2002, Brisbane; ISBN 0 909291 67 5, index_p.375 (p. 303, p. 285, p. 265, p. 368)
16 Pages Posted: 29 Mar 2013
Date Written: July 7, 2002
A theoretical approach upon the Consciousness versus the Body aims at re-defining Mind-Body problem according with an ideal stratum of the nature (as matter and reflection). Information-rational subject, brain-mind-body, nature-consciousness-society would be the main pieces of this stratum, involving both Cognitive Science and Interdisciplinary Sociology.
Our real (hypothetical systemic) body comprises both paradoxes and limitations regarding (hypothetical non-systemic) consciousness :
* 1: Ancestors-successors images and mental insight upon consciousness (non-personal body);
* 2: Face / hands / nude / clothes / sensors acquired shapes (static and dynamic balanced items - as aggregated substance&energy and "revealed" information toward body);
* 3: Individual&collective body (an "unrevealed" gap related to consciousness);
* 4: From dolls toward photos album (a chronological humankind passage);
* 5: Equilibrium between: energetic needs, sexual behavior, knowledge eliciting (the convergence of the body mental concept as pattern).
In this context two complementary paradigms of mind and society would prove a normality according with a fuzzy/subtle topos:
#1 The divergence of the body mental concept is a meta-equilibrium pattern between: "will - must - can" humankind triad;
#2 There is a fuzzy/subtle centered topos through the open domain: * 1 -* 5.
Focusing upon the sustainable balance: nature and paradigms #1-#2, there is a circular flow: "the intelligence/I stage/ of the body" - "mind-body problem" - "paradigms of mind and society" - "consciousness inputs and emergence" - "the intelligence/II stage/ of the body".
Keywords: brain-mind-body, rational subject, ancestors-successors image, body information and intelligence stages, individual-collective body, (meta)e quilibrium, fuzziness/subtleness
JEL Classification: A19, A29, B311, C59, C89, C99, D29, D59, D57, D79, D81, D83, D89, D99, I19, I29, I39, J2, J29, L39
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation